The beginning of a new season is a great time to check for and begin repairs on your home. With the weather becoming pleasant, these responsibilities will seem less of a hassle. Doing this is especially important if you're planning on renting out your property.
However, you may be unsure of what to look for. We've put together the following "Spring Cleaning" checklist:
- Check your ceilings and around the windows for any evidence of moisture or a leak.
- Test your fire and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Look for any spots that need filling in the caulk around your tub, sink, and toilet.
- Have the air conditioner serviced before turning it on for the season.
- Clean out your gutters
- Clean carpeting
- Wash window screens and sills
- Trim any trees or bushes that may be leaning on the house
- Inspect patios and decks for damage and areas in need of refinishing
- Prep any outdoor living spaces
Following this checklist will ensure your property is ready for warm weather. Although this type of maintenance is certainly time consuming, it makes a big difference in terms of avoiding repairs and maximizing value.
If you have a hard time finding the time to complete this checklist for your own rental property, consider hiring a property manager. At Rentwell, our team is available 24/7 for just these types of tasks.